Come and work with us!
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Full Stack WordPress Developer to join our team. The successful candidate will work with the designers to build and maintain a variety of mobile-first websites based on templates, from small static sites to large e-commerce sites for national brands.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Full Stack Web Developer to join our team. The successful candidate will work with the designers to build and maintain a variety of mobile-first websites based on templates, from small static sites to large e-commerce sites for national brands.
The ideal website developer will have passion and determination to create websites that comply with Google best practices. Talk To Media also manages a number of Magento and Joomla websites so knowledge in at least maintaining sites on those platforms would work to your advantage.
- advanced/expert knowledge of customising WordPress themes
- experience in optimising WordPress for speed
- front-end: HTML5, CSS3, SASS, Java Script and JQuery, Bootstrap (Visual Composer in WordPress)
- back-end: confident working with PHP to customise themes
- confidence in setting up plugins including payment processors and reCaptcha
- confidence in making customisations to woo-commerce e.g. personalisable products
- naturally confident in creating mobile-first responsive sites
- setting up staging environments / development space
- confidence with cPanel – managing hosting settings on a basic level
- capable of working with designs provided in Adobe Photoshop
- confident working on mac
- Magento: confidence in installing, managing and updating theme-based sites
- Joomla: confidence in maintaining and updating content in existing sites
- responsive html email design
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- creating, maintaining and updating a series of WordPress sites
- discussing technical work in layman’s terms for the benefit of clients
- ensuring our websites comply with the latest best practices specified by Google
- proactively suggesting improvements to client websites
- planning and quoting on work
- testing new development work thoroughly
- potentially managing website hosting settings and backups
Please provide 3 examples of WordPress websites you’ve created.
Salary negotiable depending on experience.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 8am – 4:30pm with 30 minutes for lunch.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter detailing why you are perfect for this role (ideally including links to websites you’ve worked on) to email@example.com
Strictly NO agencies or recruitment companies.